[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Are you a motorist who gets disappointed seeing a diversion or jammed traffic, hindering your way? You may have felt annoyed with the fact of such a scene where some or the other time!
These above-mentioned instances where roadway construction or unplanned hindrances on the road may often have resulted in improper mobility of the traffic is often common. Apart from delay, these may even involve various issues like- safety of work zone, stress, and unknowing delays. One needs to research on finding ways to overcome these roadblocks. A proper traffic management plan comes into rescue currently.
It can lead to reducing the delay usually in just a couple of minutes.
Defining traffic control plan :
It is a detailed procedure to control the traffic and manage it using traffic guidelines and schemes. There are various standard operating procedures mentioned in the plan which are implemented during the ongoing construction works or other corresponding hindrances on the road. Along with that temporary signs or devices, placement of various warning signals for traffic control is also included in it. This way there is a smooth movement of traffic.
What factors are considered to prepare a traffic plan?
- The time during which construction or delay prone work happens
- Various users and stakeholders like pedestrians, emergency vehicles such as an ambulance.
- Closed lanes
- Peak time when there is heavy traffic
- Types of traffic control equipment required like traffic cones and signs of a different kind. For example, signs of the hill ahead or construction work.
Conditions for which management plan is prepared :
The conditions that may include the different traffic management conditions are:
- Poor light conditions
- People with disabilities or unaware of construction projects on the road
- Bad weather
Methods to prepare the plan
- To form strategies, layouts are prepared :
It will be used to determine essential traffic control measures. Also, there should be a specification in the plan about the work area including a strong description of the work area along with the placement of devices as per the plan.
- Next, it involves the preparation of Public Information Plans :
This is simply a strategy to inform or share the plans publicly on how roadway construction or relative things may cause delays. It is mainly done using the media or signage.
- For checking the effectiveness of the plan other points are also considered :
It involves the possible risks which can happen as the team identifies different ways to overcome such risks.
For example, if the car accident has taken place, the team will immediately come for rescue. The work will have to be stopped due to the mishap. The team will also have to keep a record of the incident. Proper procedures are designed to manage the incidents of emergency. The priority list is formed to take care of traffic.
- Duties and responsibilities are mentioned in the plan :
This is quite an essential inclusion in the terms of coordination and proper implementation of effective traffic control.
The traffic control plan is thus, very important for providing quality services and keeping the community safe and effectively channelizing traffic.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]