[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Beautiful mountains, winding streets, and scenic beauty. Mahabaleshwar is that and a lot more. Located 120 km from town, Mahabaleshwar is known as the Mini Kashmir of Maharashtra. It’s ideal for getting there by street because the drive is well worth experiencing. As you get nearer the temperature drops along with the perfume of moist ground fills the atmosphere. Planning already to pay a visit to the city? Here is our guide that will assist you to do so.
Mahabaleshwar has been a favorite hill station of the British and thus the old colonial churches and structures. It’s also quite popular for spiritual functions as the rivers Krishna and Koyna arise here.
Places to see in Mahabaleshwar
- Pratapgad Forts – There are plenty of forts around Mahabaleshwar constructed by Chattrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- If you wish to go horse riding, you will find horses also. Individual sellers offer specialties of Mahabaleshwar like strawberries, mulberry, raspberry, American corn, and homemade rose ice creams on cycles. All these are must-haves.
- Wilson Point – This stage has particular platforms kind where you can observe a range of mountains. You may also get a stunning view of the cities of Metugutad.
- Bombay Point – This stage is about the old road which goes toward Mumbai and thus the name. Honeymoon couples often arrive here. In the time of sunset, you may view the Harne-Murud seashore. Various colors decorate the skies in this period.
- Arthur’s Chair – This was appointed after a British officer who was able to sit for hours and forget his sorrows. His family passed away in a ship crash near the coast of Bankot Fort.
- Kate’s Point – From Venna Lake if you push towards Panchgani, you may notice kate’s Point following Nakinda village.
Panchgani Only 14 km before Mahabaleshwar is Panchgani, the sanctuary of grooming schools. Panchgani named after the marriage of five rivers, this profound valley is an excellent spot for horse riding or only long walks. There’s also a nature trail park named Sherbaug Resort (02168-270070) that is very good for children. Panchgani is the most preferred Pune Weekend Trip destination.
Nana Phadnavis among the most apparent Sardars of Maharashtra had his abode. Movies such as Swades and Omkara are proven to have been taken here. They also have a gorgeous Ganpati and Shiva temple named Kashi Vishweshwar here that regarded as very promising. The massive bell is well worth visiting.
Where to remain or stay in Mahabaleshwar?
Mahabaleshwar is quite expensive for boarding and lodging. The costs can go around Rs. 6,000 here to get a day. There are budget options available from Rs 1000 to 2000. You can book homestays and Bungalow on popular apps. Zostel has opened up in Panchgani offering hostel popular among youngster.
Things to consume and eat at Mahabaleshwar?
Gujarati thalis of Dreamland, Gokul along with the Jain meals at Panorama Are Delicious and healthful. Indulging in American tomatoes and corn is essential in Mahabaleshwar. There are many non-veg restaurants in the market area. New coffee shops have opened like Café Coffee Day.
Mahabaleshwar marketplace is where you could go boutique shopping. Do not neglect to take back fantastic goodies such as Mapro jelly candies, Madhusagar honey, jams, berries, mulberries, Chikki, chana, syrups, gooseberries, raspberries, etc. that are available at fair rates. Additionally, there are fantastic crochet shawls here. This location is also known for leather products like shoes and sandals. Imperial shops and Pallod are top-rated shopping facilities here.
A few recommendations to follow and pro-tips
This location will get foggy so ensure that your vehicle has particular fog lights. Don’t drink and drive or perhaps drive quickly as this place is injury prone because of blind turns. Require a manual to show you around. Don’t venture in the dark as this location contains wild animals such as foxes, jackals, hyena. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]